I think I'm pretty open with my quilting process, and have made no secret of my thoughts on the matter...
... OK, so that's a joke, but, as with all good jokes, it has a touch of truth to it :)
So perhaps these are not so much quilty secrets as they are my own personal quiltisms...
1. I don't love, LOVE, LURRRRRRRRVE!!! fabric (I'm much more interested in the finished look of the quilt than the look of the individual fabrics).
2. I have no desire to build a stash. I mostly buy just the fabric I need for a project. I do buy a touch too much, though, so my stash is building slowly. I imagine that if my stash gets too big, I will feel the urge to make something out of what I have before I move onto to something that I was already planning to do.
3. I save scraps because I can't handle the idea of wasting them, but I can't imagine ever using them.
5. As you may have guessed from my little picture, above, I am not a big fan of pinning or pressing, and only do it when I deem it necessary (which is probably not as often as most others deem it necessary). And, yes, my "pressing" is a lot more like ironing with steam than the pressing that I have seen in video clips on youtube.
6. This may be clear by now, but I tend to do things in such a lazy way as to make things harder for myself. I also simultaneously crave chaos and order, and struggle to keep the balance.
7. I would be happy to make just quilt tops and never quilt them or bind them (if they were of any practical use in and of themselves), but I would really, REALLY dislike someone else turning my quilt top into a finished quilt. I'm not sure if this means I have control issues, or I just don't work well as part of a team, but I'm sure it says something about my personality (and it ain't good).
8. Generally speaking, I hate ironing (my ironing board cover says IRONING BORED all over it), yet I really enjoy making and ironing my own binding. Go figure.
9. Machine binding all the way! I love the look, the sturdiness, and the ease.
10. I've only finished three quilts, so I haven't had a chance to build up 10 quilty secrets, and I imagine the ones above may change over time anyway, but it has been fun to join in :)
linking up to:
'10 Quilty Little Secrets' at 13 Spools